Wednesday, October 15, 2014

GOLDEN ERA BASEBALL CELEBRATES 10 YEARS AS A PROGRAM

Golden Era Baseball's First 18U Team


I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for 10 years of support, positive energy and great baseball! October 15, 2014 marks 10 years since Golden Era Baseball began with a single Hitting Class in the Fall of 2004. When I look back over the years it is truly enjoyable to think of moments I have seen out on the field.


o   Kyle Teague throwing out the first pitch in our Program history in an 18U tournament event

o   Jordan Durrance being the first player who ever played for us being selected in the Major League Draft

o   Having the opportunity to work and Coach with Mitchell Page, former St. Louis Cardinals & Washington Nationals Hitting Coach

o   The 16 inning marathon game we had with the San Diego Show in the 2006 Wood Bat World Series in San Diego

o   Our 11U team in 2007 winning the ‘Road to Rosenblatt’ Tournament during the College World Series in Omaha and the players throwing water on John Rogan

o   Akaintunde Ahmad receiving a 5.0 GPA in High School & moving on to play baseball at Yale University

o   Our 12U team winning the 2014 Hawaii World Series

o   The opening of our indoor training facility for our Club Team Players this fall in 2014

o   And the very first hitting class we ever had which got it all started

These are just some of the countless great memories I have. It has been an awesome 10 years and I look forward to seeing what the next 10 years has in front of us.

Thank you again to everyone who has been there along the way. I can’t thank you enough for allowing me to do what I love every single day! Lastly, for all the players that have been part of anything we’ve done over the last 10 years… I hope that all of you are doing well and I look forward to the day of seeing you again!

Continued success to all…

Derek